Lately, many ladies have been complaining to me about their skin, specifically wrinkles. Being over 40, wrinkles are can become a big concern.
Are you struggling to get rid of your wrinkles? Do you feel the promises from the expensive creams and lotions to eliminate your wrinkles are empty promises? I do. That’s why I want to share with you the key to diminishing and preventing future wrinkles is right in your home and includes your day-to-day lifestyle. Consuming high-quality plant proteins, fruits, vegetables, and getting adequate sleep can all contribute to decreasing your wrinkles and preventing future ones!
- The next time you take a trip to the grocery store, make sure to stock up in the produce department! It’s crucial to consume at least 7 to 9 (or more) daily serving requirement of fruits and vegetables to maintain adequate health and diminish the appearance of wrinkles. All vegetables and fruits are good to eat. I particularly like fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, cranberries, lemons, and bananas.
- It’s time to toss out the refined sugar and replace artificial sweeteners with organic, natural sweeteners such as raw local honey found at your local farmers market, real maple syrup, and Stevia. Just so you know, excessive sugar consumption can damage your liver and cause breaks in your DNA, leading to autoimmune disorders. Consume any sugar in moderation. Training your body to break the habits of sugar-overloads is key in being an overall healthier you and saying goodbye to those wrinkles!
- Get outside and into the sun! Moderate sunshine provides your body with necessary Vitamin D to replenish the vitamins and elasticity in your skin. Aim for at least 10 minutes a day of moderate exposure, but be sure to slather on your chemical free, all natural SPF after (slowly build up your sun exposure starting at 5 minutes a day without protection and then smartly build from there). Be sure to reapply and take all other precautions such as hats and an umbrella if you’re planning any prolonged periods of sun exposure.
- Create a loving life-long relationship with coconut. Replacing vegetable or canola oil with coconut oil and olive oil is a simple way to slow your skin’s aging. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your morning smoothie, indulge in some coconut crisps, replace standard dairy with coconut milk, or rub unrefined coconut oil on your problem spots. Every night I massage my facial skin (and whole body) with coconut oil to get the oil infused with my skin at the same time getting blood flow to my skin.
- As Frankie Goes to Hollywood says, ”RELAX”. Stress is one of the primary contributors to premature aging because it reduces the natural collagen and elasticity in your skin essential to preventing wrinkles. If you can, start every morning off right with a few minutes of meditation or catch some quiet time in the afternoon after work. Read a good book, practice some yoga, go for a walk, or relax by the beach after a long day at work (if you're lucky enough to live by a beach…I’m dreaming). Remember to take a little time out of the day for yourself. A stress-free lifestyle is one that reaps astounding rewards! If you don’t have time for any of this, don’t stress yourself out trying to get unstressed. Just pause, and breathe consciously for 5 breaths for stress-relieving benefits.
- Plump up your skin with H20. I know you know this so I’m just gently reminding you to drink water. If you get dehydrated it will show in your skin so drink water, green juice with cucumber and coconut water while avoiding dehydrating coffee and alcohol.
These 6 simple steps are a great start to a healthier, younger, wrinkle-free appearance. Make small changes to your time and energy and see how that healthy, natural glow blossoms!