Oh yeah, you read the title correctly. I just read an article stating human feces is being studied in a weight loss pill. Gross!
Here is an excerpt from Google:
“Scientists at Boston's Massachusetts General Hospital have been studying how to treat obesity and in their research, they were able to form a potent weight loss pill. However, they revealed that the pills contain dried up human feces of lean and fit donors.”
Whether or not this weight loss pill is potent, what I want YOU to know is that you don’t have to ingest human poop to lose weight. I promise.
In fact, you don’t even have to diet to lose weight. How’s that for a kicker?
Do you want to lose weight? Then DECIDE and change your habits.
What habits do you need to change? Take a look here:
- Get moving - Get off your tush and stop watching reality shows and start moving. It could be a run, a hike or a new class at the gym. If you need something more low impact then go for a walk, take a yoga class, partake in a fun aerobics video, bike to work or lift weights. Start with 15 minutes and build up your stamina to 30 minutes, 45 minute and maybe a whole hour. You will be amazed how you feel. Your endorphins will kick in and you‘ll feel amazing.
- Eat right for life - living a healthy life and losing weight is about eating smart. Consume fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes. These magnificent foods are from the Earth and full of nutrients your body is craving and you can’t get those nutrients in a bag of potato chips, even if their organic potato chips. Fill in the rest of your diet with lean meats that are grass-feds and organic dairy if you desire. The more natural foods are on your plate the less room in your tummy for junk food. Your body will be digesting and assimilating the precious nutrition from these earthy foods and your fast food, candy and sugar cravings will go down.
- Connect to a spiritual practice - you are not alone my friend. It’s time to connect to that inner strength, the SOURCE within you that is there to help you live a fantastic life. Mediate, Journal, read religious text that inspire you, read poems from Rumi, practice yoga (yoga is spirituality moving on your mat), and be in awe of nature. All of the above will connect you back to God Universe, Sources, whatever you call this amazing power that’s bigger than you.
- Start a gratitude practice - every day write at least 5-10 new things that you are grateful for about your body. It could be your long pinky finger nail if you are having a hard time starting a practice of appreciation about your body. When you are grateful for something, (your body) your less likely want to hurt it by eating processed foods that make your body and liver work extremely hard to detox.
- Buddy up - you have probably heard this before but get a healthy buddy partner, someone to check in with at least once a week. You don’t have to lose weight alone, nor do I want to you to lose weight alone. I want you to get your friends, family, and co-workers involved. Start a health revolution in your life and watch it expand in the lives of the ones you love.
- Get help - are you it finding hard to get motivated, organized, and inspired on your weight loss journey that will lead to a healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life? Do you know that you (or why you) slack off of your weight loss goals after a month? I have the perfect answer for you. Get a health coach and/or personal trainer. A health coach has your best interest at heart and will remind you all the time of the goals you set when you’re feeling stressed and wanting to quit as you turn to a candy bar for comfort. A coach is the best way to help you change your habits. I read a book one time that said that 90% of people who need to change in order to save their lives don’t because they can’t change their habits. Sad but true. Don’t’ be someone that is so comfortable in their BAD HABITS that you won’t change. As Gandhi said, be the change you are seeking. (BTW, if you are feeling depressed, angry, hurt and you have been feeling this way a while, then get help from a professional that is trained to help you with these emotions. There is no shame in getting help. Sometimes help is the perfect answer.)
- Lemon essential oil - Start your day first thing in the morning with juice from half a lemon in your water or three drops of Lemon essential oil to help the liver fire up for the day and start detoxing. Lemons have an astringent property that helps clear out the body. Grapefruit essential oil is also fabulous to ingest daily, as it is also a diuretic, helping the body flush out waste and toxins. Check out essential oils here.
So you now have plenty of ideas to help get you started on your weight loss journey. Losing weight is easily done taking simple steps. KNOW that you are bigger than your weight loss goals and can do whatever you set your mind to.
If you have interest in coaching calls with me, shoot me an email and we will get it started! Paige@paigehinton.com
NO MORE POOP PILLS!
I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment below and let me know what steps you are WILLING to take RIGHT NOW to lose weight without taking a pill full of last night’s dinner.