I can’t wiggle my nose like Samantha the good witch (oh how I loved the TV show Bewitched) and get you through the holidays without any stress. If I could, I would. I Dream of Jennie had a wonderful way to work her magic by crossing her forearms and nodding her head yes to make awesome things happen. I’m not there yet either.
What I can do for you is offer you a simple and sweet way to remain calm, happy and smelling sweet. Drum roll please…
Essential oils are perfect to use on your body right now to help you reconnect with your inner self and love and joy for the holiday season.
Essential oils promote health, healing, and HAPPINESS.
When your feeling overwhelmed, stressed, tired or sad, the aromatherapy the oils offer outstanding benefits. Plus, they offer and support you mentally physically and emotionally. When you take care of your personal needs then you most likely won’t chow down on the plate of Santa Clause sugar cookies sprinkled with colored sugar. You easily stick with your weight loss goals and maintain your healthy weight through the holiday season.
Here are some of my favorite oils for you to try:
- Lavender: The perfect oil to support and help calm your central nervous system down. Put a drop on the back of your neck, wrist or rub a drop in between your hands and let the aroma melt your stress away.
- Clove: This oil reminds me of the season and I like to rub a drop on my hands and then rub it into my hair for a long delicious seasonal scent. You can also diffuse this oil to fill your home with a merry holiday aroma.
- Lemon: Did you have one too many drinks last night? This oil is wonderful to support the liver in detoxing. One drop in your water is perfect for refreshing hydration.
- Thieves: This is a blend of oils that include clove, rosemary, and other botanicals that help support the immune system and smells Divine.
- Christmas Spirit: To get you into the spirit of the season.
- Peace and Calming: This blend of oils does just what the name says it does.
- Citrus Fresh: If you have kids they will love the scent of this oil. Wear it topically for a beautiful and fragrant perfume or cologne to refresh and inspire. Apply topically to help beautify and maintain the appearance of a healthy skin tone.
- Frankincense: This gem of an oil was given to baby Jesus. Diffuse Frankincense during meditation for grounding and purpose. Applying this oil topically may help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin, and is excellent to use for massage after physical activity.
***Please do not go to the health food store and by the essential oils there. Most of them are made with synthetic oils and are not usable for digesting and using on your body. I only use Young Living oils. They are therapeutic grade and have a seed to seal process that grantees there authenticity and purity.
I hope your holiday is wonderful and full of great memories. I wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Merry Christmas!