We all want to look young forever. In order to achieve that goal, we purchase the most expensive creams loaded with chemicals and slather them on our face. Not good my friends.
Just like me, I am sure that you want to look your best…beautiful, slim, sexy and gorgeous. I’m here to tell you that you can look your best without botox or other scary unnatural remedies that put chemicals in your face. Yuck.
Here is the solution…FOODS GROWN IN NATURE.
All fresh fruits and vegetables contain magical powers when it comes to shiny hair, clear skin, and strong nails. However, the ones I’ve chosen below are perhaps not as well known for their powerful beauty benefits but pack a punch of glow in them just for you. In addition, they are all foods that help you lose weight and stay svelte.
1. Red Peppers. All red and orange colored foods contain beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant. Red peppers are particularly beautifying due to the minerals A, C, and K. Vitamins A and C can help prevent cell damage that leads to premature aging, and they can also reduce inflammation, which can cause a puffy-looking face. Red peppers also have Vitamin K, which is an excellent property for protecting our cells from damage. I like to chop red peppers and eat with a delicious homemade hummus for a snack.
2. Spinach. All leafy greens are actually very powerful in terms of being a beauty food because of the chlorophyll they contain. There are also loads of other phytochemicals and fiber in spinach that helps create super clean blood, which will show through in your skin. I include spinach in my daily smoothies.
3. Turmeric. This yellow-colored, Indian spice has a load of powerful antioxidant qualities. Turmeric assists in protecting our cells from free radical damage and also contributes towards cleaning up metabolic waste in our systems. It is also works as a liver flusher to get rid of any poisons and chemicals, which are stored there. You can buy whole turmeric at health food stores and put it through your juicer for a yellow colored hit of nutrients. I like to add turmeric powder to all my soups (at the end of cooking to maintain the nutrients) for a flavor blast.
4. Pumpkin Seeds. Wow, these really are powerful. What don’t pumpkin seeds have in them?! The humble pumpkin seed contains high levels of zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B, C, and E. Pumpkin seeds are also a great source of amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids, all essential for healthy cell maintenance. Make a handful of pumpkin seeds a regular part of your diet, and you will definitely notice a change in your appearance. Instead of adding croutons to your salad for a crunch, toss pumpkin seeds on top of your greens,
5. Parsley. Next time your plate is garnished with parsley, don’t push it aside. This is a pretty powerful herb when it comes to anti-aging, as well as purifying and cleansing the body. It contains vitamins A and C in addition to anti-oxidizing flavonoids that protect our cells from free radical damage. Parsley also helps to purify the blood, kill bacteria, aid digestion, and cleanse toxins from the liver. Some people would never think of eating the meal garnish, so chopping it up within your salad is a great way to add it to your diet
The best thing is that all these foods are easy to incorporate into your diet. Add turmeric to juice and combine the other foods with some other fixings to make a great, beautifying salad or stir-fry.
Who said that beauty was hard to keep?
Leave me a message below sharing your favorite beauty food. FYI, chocolate is a beauty food :-)
Staying young, gorgeous and sexy!!