As we all know, eating breakfast is important and can be the starter of the day that keeps you on a healthy track.
I drink green smoothies daily but everyone in a while I like a nice chia pudding to start my day.
Chia seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition and a wonderful addition to anyones lifestyle who desires to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight.
Here are a few facts to get you enticed to try the below Vanilla Chia Bowl:
- Excellent source of fiber, with a whopping 10 grams in only 2 tablespoons. That is one-third of the daily-recommended intake of fiber per day.
- Chia seeds are gluten free.
- The combination of protein and fiber will keep you satiated which helps lower cravings between meals.
- Chia seeds contain calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese. These minerals are important for energy metabolism, maintaining a healthy weight and helps prevent hypertension.
- Chia seeds play a huge role in regulating insulin levels.
- They are rich in antioxidants.
I enjoy the health benefits of chia seeds by preparing this recipe. It’s so easy and wont take any of your precious morning time.
Vanilla Chia Bowl
4 tablespoons chia seeds
1 cup dairy-free milk
1 small banana mashed or ¼ cup organic, all-natural applesauce
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon
1-2 drops stevia (optional)
Optional Toppings: 1 teaspoon goji berries, 1 teaspoon hemp seeds, 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
ASSEMBLE THE NIGHT BEFORE. The night before you want the Chia Bowl for breakfast, place chia seeds, dairy-free milk, banana or applesauce, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon in a container with a lid, shake well and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
THE NEXT MORNING. Eat the pudding cold.
SERVING SUGGESTION. Add stevia (if desired) and optional goji berries, hemp seeds and shredded coconut.
Let me know what you think by leaving a message below.