When you say the word diet how does your body feel? Do you feel constricted? Is there a drop in your energy? Do you get a bit anxious or mad? Well that makes two of us, because I do as well.
The word “diet” is a dirty word in my world and will not be spoken of. That’s why I choose to say lifestyle, clean eating, or healthy eating so the word doesn’t get me angry.
It’s pretty much guaranteed that if you diet and lose weight you may fail. There are countless studies that shows if you diet and lose weight you could or possibly will fail and then gain the weight back quickly along with some extra pounds too.
I have experienced this myself and so have my family and friends. Examples of these diets are: The Atkins, Paleo, The Zone, Weight Watchers, South Beach, low-carb, high-carb, crash diets (in my opinion this is the worst of them all), and any powdered, boxed, and frozen food plans that have you eating dead food. How much energy is dead food going to give you?
I applaud you if your one of the millions of women that have tried the above diets. You had will, determination and above all else, discipline.
If those diets left you hungry, moody, or counting calories, then it’s time to move to an enlightened, happy and magnificent way to eat and live.
Here is your solution: “CLEAN EATING”.
Your body is meant to thrive. Do you feel like your thriving while on a diet counting calories and fat grams? Didn't think so.
So what do we mean by clean eating?
Clean eating is a beautiful and delicious way to eat foods grown from the earth that give you energy. They keep you full and supply you with all the nutrients that your body needs.
Eating clean is a lifestyle approach that includes:
- Eating organic whenever possible
- Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day
- Reading labels- if the food label has processed ingredients (basically word you can’t pronounce) stay away.
- Avoid refined foods
- Avoid preservatives, color additives and toxic binders, emulsifiers, binders and fat replacers (they give you the runs anyway)
- Eat slowly- NO more walking down the street with a pizza slice in hand
- Eat healthy fats
When you eat clean and follow the 7 steps above, you fill-up on high-nutrient foods that are full of fiber and allow you to manage your portions naturally.
The more nutritious foods you have on your plate, the more satisfied your body’s needs are met and this helps you not to over eat.
Eating clean automatically helps to lower your carbon footprint and in turn helps save our planet.
Still trying to hold on to your potato chip bag? Try the following easy recipe for a delicious and satisfying snack or side dish.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tbls of melted coconut oil
½ tsp of seas salt
Your choice of spice (see note below)
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Leave the skin on and cut the sweet potato’s into thin matchsticks (I like them skinny and crispier but you can cut bigger if you desire)
- Place potato’s in a big bowl and drizzle the melted coconut oil on the potatoes along with the salt any spice you decide to add (see notes below).
- Transfer to two baking sheets (if the potatoes are on top of each other they will not get as crispy and stay softer) and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then toss and cook the other side for about 12 to15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven enjoy.
Notes: Add cayenne for a kick, Cajun seasoning for a taste of New Orleans, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cinnamon for a sweet treat or all of the together to add flavor without the guilt.
Leave a message and share how Clean Eating helps your thrive in life!